Meloxicam is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that is commonly used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and improve joint mobility in various conditions. It belongs to the class of medications known as selective COX-2 inhibitors.
MELOXICAM works by inhibiting the production of certain chemicals in the body called prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, inflammation, and swelling. By reducing the levels of these chemicals, meloxicam helps alleviate pain and discomfort associated with conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Pain relief: Meloxicam effectively alleviates pain associated with conditions like arthritis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Meloxicam reduces inflammation, helping to reduce swelling, redness, and stiffness in joints.
- Improved mobility: By reducing pain and inflammation, Meloxicam can improve joint mobility and flexibility, allowing for better movement.
- Convenience: Meloxicam is typically taken once a day, providing convenience for patients in terms of dosing and adherence to the medication regimen.
- Effective pain relief: Meloxicam is known for its ability to provide relief from pain caused by conditions like arthritis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Meloxicam helps reduce inflammation, which is beneficial for managing joint pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Selective COX-2 inhibitor: As a selective COX-2 inhibitor, Meloxicam targets the specific enzyme involved in inflammation, minimizing the risk of gastrointestinal side effects associated with non-selective NSAIDs.
- Once-daily dosing: Meloxicam is typically taken once a day, making it convenient for patients to adhere to their medication regimen.